Saturday 17 August 2013

The Guardians by T.M. Franklin #2 MORE Trilogy


Title - The Guardians
Author - T. M. Franklin
Genre - Fantasy, Teen, Young Adult, Romance, Super powers.
Source - NetGalley
Release Date -  7th November 2013
Synopsis - Ava’s life is . . . complicated.
After all, it’s not every day a girl learns she’s not entirely human, or unlocks hidden powers strong enough to make even the First Race sit up and take notice. After surviving an attempted kidnapping and standing up to the Race’s Ruling Council, Ava Michaels returns to college and what she hopes is a normal life. But Ava quickly realizes that for her, normal may not even exist anymore.
In fact, the Council wants her under their control, and they’re not the only ones. The mysterious Rogues have a plan of their own, and it turns out Ava’s a big part of it, whether she wants to be or not.
On top of that, her new relationship is tested in ways she never expected. Her boyfriend, Caleb Foster, has disappeared—accused of betraying the Race—and Ava herself stands implicated in a crime she didn’t commit.
Clearing both their names will mean uncovering a web of deceit and intrigue with Ava woven right in the center. To unravel the strands, she joins forces with some unlikely allies; a Protector who once haunted her nightmares, a young girl with secrets as unexpected as Ava’s, and a group of rebel Guardians who have their own fight against the Council.
Together they stand in a battle to find the truth, bring Caleb home, and secure Ava’s freedom—not to mention save her life.

The Guardian is the amaze-balls second book in the MORE Trilogy.

MORE, the first book, was a fantastic read that managed to bring out the teenager in me and The Guardian just got better.

I couldn't stop reading. I told myself during the month of Ramadan I'd read less fiction, that plan went down the pan when I had to get in line to use the bathroom and switched on my Kindle. This trilogy is amazing and nearly impossible to put down. *Damn Chores*

In the Guardian Caleb and Ava's relationship got tested. I loved how the author put her own stamp on The-Forever-Type-Of-Relationship. My heart just ached for Caleb's parents. I really hope they manage to find their happily ever after. 

One thing I love besides the characters in this trilogy is the fact that I still haven't figured out who the bad guy is. That aspect makes this trilogy all the more worthy. It literally has me guessing every character the author decides to show me. And I don't mean to blow my own trumpet or anything, but I'm pretty awesome at guessing the bad guys. 

Plus the author got me. I knew I shouldn't have trusted that character but T.M Franklin managed to make me change my mind and just when I did... *Boom* Another reason to love this trilogy, you don't know who to trust. 

I'm going to give this trilogy a 5/5 because it is just that awesome and this trilogy is for the young and the old. 

The Guardians will be released 7th November 2013. 

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I have these on Netgalley and I really want to read them now. I need to get to it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete