Friday 7 November 2014

Hate: A Love Story by Laurel Curtis

Title: Hate: A Love Story 
Author: Laurel Curtis
Genre: Contemporary,  Romance
Source:  ARC from Author

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
Life can be messy,
And love can be too.

Most people say that it’s not important where you’re going, but instead, how you get there.

Unfortunately for me, the journey to love was absolutely agonizing. Love and Hate wrestled with my life day after day, year after year, and the only way to stop it was to let one of them win.

Which one?
I fought to love harder. But I loathe my love story.

This book surprised me. In a brilliant way. I didn't know what to expect most likely because I didn't read the synopsis... But i wasnt expecting what i got. No way does the cover or synopsis prepare you for the actual story this is AMAZEBALLS.

This is a story that could have gone on forever and I would have been extremely ecstatic. I'm happy with the length that it is... But just to try to explain... These characters aren't ones I want to say goodbye too. I want a sequel. Not the type of story where they make a few appearances in another characters story but I want a book that continues on after this one.

Even in the saddest moments I was misty eyed one second, smiling the next and then laughing and crying at the same time. It was that type of book. That type of family.

This book is a gem. It's so incredibly refreshing when you feel like you're in a reading rut.

I loved the story line and I loved the characters. Grams was an absolute hoot. She had to be my favourite character.  Even in the saddest of times Grams was making me laugh. She was a laugh a minute when she was a younger Grams, and she was hilarious when her body grew older even though her spirit never did. An amazing character. 

Just an FYI for the readers. This book starts when the characters are children and it ends when they're in there 30's.  I loved that. Instead of telling us their back story we actually got to live it with them. Their first initial meeting. The friendships,  hardships.  It allowed us to grow in love with these characters even more. 

I would recommend this book to everybody.  EVERYBODY. Once in a blue moon gem.

5/5

A huge thank you to the author for giving me a ARC. Sorry for taking so long in posting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment