Sunday 9 September 2012

Biting Cold by Chloe Neill


Title - Biting Cold
Author - Chloe Neill
Publisher - Orion
Formats - Hardback, Paperback, Ebook
Source - Own, paperback
Synopsis - Turned into a vampire against her will, twenty-eight-year-old Merit found her way into the dark circle of Chicago’s vampire underground, where she learned there was more to supernaturals than met the eye—and more supernaturals than the public ever imagined. And not all the secrets she learned were for sharing—among humans or inhumans.

Now Merit is on the hunt, charging across the stark American Midwest, tailing a rogue supernatural intent on stealing an ancient artifact that could unleash catastrophic evil on the world. But Merit is also the prey. An enemy of Chicagoland is hunting her, and he’ll stop at nothing to get the book for himself. No mercy allowed. No rules apply. No lives spared. The race is on.
This is book six in the Chicagoland Vampire Series and it picks up pretty much from where we left off in book five, Drink Deep.

Now I must state that I'm a big fan of this series. I always pre-order the next one as soon as it's available on Amazon. So it's no big surprise when I tell you that I loved this book.

Admittedly Drink Deep wasn't that great. I felt like it had gotten a little bit too political for me. So picking up this book, I really hoped that Merit would get away from the politics. And she did.

Instead she found herself twin angels. One thing I really liked about this series was the fact that I had no idea what Seth was. We knew he smelt like lemon and sugar, he was powerful. But his identity was a secret until Ms Neill decided to tell us.

This book also saw Merit and Ethan leave Chicago. Not for long, but it was nice of Ms Neill giving us some Merit and Ethan time. Saying that though....Ethan. When he refused Merit, AGAIN. Oh boy, I got frustrated. Frustrated to the point where I wanted Merit to go find herself some other soulmate that treated her like she deserved. Thankfully all ended well. But if he does it again, I swear I'm switching to Team Jonah. There's enough drama here without Ethan's will-he-won't-he yoyo-ing.
I was also a bit annoyed at how quickly everybody seemed to except the fact that Mallory went evil, even though Merit says she hasn't forgiven her, there's still the acceptance there. I feel like she should be held responsible. I know the wolves are keeping her under lock and key but washing dishes just doesn't seem like enough.  
After all that though Chloe Neill still manages to make me excited for the next book, House Rules. At the ending of Biting Cold, Cadogon House declared themselves out of the GP. Meaning they're no longer associated with them. I'm not quite sure if that's going to make them the enemy now... But it should be exciting. I feel like so many changes are going to take part in the next book. I have so many question. Unfortunately readers have to wait months for the next book.

4/5
Image via Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment