Monday 27 August 2012

Dreamless by Josephine Angelini

Title - Dreamless
Author - Josephine Angelini
Publisher - Macmillan
Format - Hardback, Paperback and eBook
Source - Own, paperback.
Synopsis - Can true love be forgotten?
As the only Scion who can descend into the Underworld, Helen Hamilton has been given a nearly impossible task. By night she wanders through Hades, trying to stop the endless cycle of revenge that has cursed her family. By day she struggles to overcome the fatigue that is rapidly eroding her sanity. Without Lucas by her side, Helen is not sure she has the strength to go on.

Just as Helen is pushed to her breaking point, a mysterious new Scion comes to her rescue. Funny and brave, Orion shields her from the dangers of the Underworld. But time is running out—a ruthless foe plots against them, and the Furies’ cry for blood is growing louder.

As the ancient Greek world collides with the mortal one, Helen’s sheltered life on Nantucket descends into chaos. But the hardest task of all will be forgetting Lucas Delos.


WOW! WOW! WOW!

And I'm annoyed. Two reasons. One. I gotta wait till god-knows-when, probably next year, for the final instalment in this...amazeballs trilogy. Two. I'm scared. Scared because I'm 90% sure characters that I love in this trilogy are going to die. *cry*

I took me a long time to pick up this book, and I don't know why... Well I do know why. Firstly WHSmith is really really bad with pre-orders, and secondly my sister and her 11 month baby were staying over. That means no reading at bed time because baby needs sleep with the light off. So I had to wait weeks for my sister to go away. I mean that in the nicest way possible. But once everybody went away, yay, it took me a day to devour this book. Spent the whole day of Sunday in bed reading. *Heaven*

I absolutely loved the first book Starcrossed, and Dreamless didn't disappoint either. It actually got better, but that's just because Hades was in this book. admittedly he was only in it for less than a page. BUT HADES!!! AND PERSEPHONE! Hades is my favourite Greek God, I think he's misunderstood a lot. So I was super happy when Josephine let him have his say.

I was super excited to meet Orion and he's fantastic. He's so awesome. Loved his sarcasm and wit. I really hope he gets his HEA. He so deserves it. I know a lot of readers are annoyed with the fact that he spent more time with Helen in this book, than Lucas. But I found it a bit ridiculous. It's Helen and Lucas. Orion doesn't even come into the picture. He's like Helen's best friend and hopefully at the end of the trilogy he'll be more like Helen's big brother.

There was a lot of emotion in this book. I actually started feeling a bit depressed with Helen. Her constant failings in the Underworld, her tiredness, thin frame and her loneliness. It started taking it's toll. Maybe that's why I cheered when Orion appeared. I'm still not sure about Daphne. I know Orion and Hector vouch for her, but the way she's treated Helen. Lied to her, just annoys me. She better have a great reason as to why she's lying about Helen and Lucas being cousins.

I'm really looking forward to Goddess, the final book in the trilogy. I already know Lucas and Helen are going to end up together, but I want to know how they're going to get there. I'm super excited to meet the Gods in the next books. I love Greek Myths but I don't know a lot of the Gods other than the usual suspects. It'd be nice to learn some new Gods. Jospehine has this amazing talent to teach us without it seeming like teaching. It's enjoyable and part of the plot.
I really, really hope that Josephine doesn't kill anybody in the Delos family or Matt and Claire. I don't know if she was hinting in this book, but she's seriously got me worried.

If anybody dies I know it's just going to be like the Black Magician's Trilogy where I'm not going to be able to read anything else by the same author. Even if it's the next best thing.

I'd definitely recommend this books. To teens, young adults and adults.

5/5.



No comments:

Post a Comment