Monday 2 December 2013

Stargazing from Nowhere by Isabel Thomas & Marilyn Thomas




Title -  Stargazing From Nowhere
Author - Isabel Thomas & Marilyn Thomas
Genre - Teens, Young Adult, Contemporary
Source - NetGalley
Synopsis - What if your rock star crush loved you back? Kristen Morgan's blog is about to get her into trouble-deep trouble-when she says negative things about a rock star. When she finally meets him, and falls for him, should she confess? As they grow closer, does she have to make a choice between blog or boyfriend...or is the choice made for her?

I... had a few problems with this book. Kristen, the main character being a huge problem. Honestly at the beginning she comes off as this cool teenager. A little moody. But kinda cool since she's got the whole super-secret- music-blogger thing going on. But then comes the band. And Kristen herself admits to writing horrible reviews and such about the band because she could never be with one of the members. Never mind the fact that she hasn't even met the dude yet. But to write horrible things about someone just because you can't date them... I was like... Why am I reading this? 

Kristen seemed like such a great character until that moment, and I instantly lost all 'respect/nice feelings' I had about her. Her cool status instantly plummated. Her supposed 'I don't care this band is coming to stay in my town but then I'll ride with a horrid mud mask on my face, and be on Local News to win tickets' was just so... Ugh.

And then I discovered the rock band was a bunch of 17 year olds... I gave up. I couldn't pick it up again in fear of what else I would have to read.

I'm sorry but this was a Did Not Finish for me.

Image and Synopsis via NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment