Tuesday 19 November 2013

Confessions of an Angry Girl by Louise Rozett


Title - Confessions of an Angry Girl
Author - Louise Rozett
Genre - Contemporary, Sarcasm, Young Adult, Realistic Fiction, High School, Romance, Teen, Teen Romance, Angst
Source - Own, paperback
Synopsis - Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make...
#1: I’m livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I’m allowed to be irate, don’t you?
#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed gorgeous Jamie Forta, boyfriend of the coolest cheerleader in the school. Now she’s out for blood. Mine.
#3: But most of all high school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien…and now it’s a case of survival of the coolest.

The synopsis doesn't do this book justice. It doesn't convey how awesome of a character Rose really is.

I admit I only read this book because I won it in a competition. I liked the title but the synopsis didn't really sound like my cup of tea.

I pretty much changed my mind in the first few pages.

This book is funny, witty, inspiring and overall Rose is a character that I would love to be friends with. At times she seems older than her years. I guess the reason I liked her so much was because parts of her reminded me of myself when I was in high school.

The book did make me a little emotional. Family death is always hard, especially when it's a parents or sibling. But from a 14 year old point of view where the mother kind of disappears into her own grieving and the supportive big brother goes of the college the author hit the spot on Rose's character. 

4.5/5 - Even though this is not a book I would have normally picked up, and the fact that the synopsis didn't really inspire me and normal 14 year olds annoy the HELL out of me. I loved Rose. Cool chic. 

Cover and Synopsis via Goodreads. GIF via Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment