Friday 19 October 2012

Fake Kate by David Wailing

Title - Fake Kate
Author - David Wailing
Published - Kindle Edition
Genre - Mystery
Source - Own
Synopsis - Belinda can’t believe it. Her sister Kate finally tries online dating and lines up no less than eight dates!

One of whom knows why Kate has vanished.

To find her, Belinda will have to pretend to be her. Go on her dates, hang out with her friends, fake her entire life.

Only to discover Kate had been faking too, for a very long time...
This isn't a genre I normally read. Mystery's aren't really my thing, but when I saw this on Amazon the cover just made me want it. I love the three claw marks.

I wasn't really sure what I'd end up reading when I started this book. The synopsis didn't really give much away about the characters or the seriousness of the situation. But I wasn't disappointed. The first chapter really hit the spot. The way Belinda dealt with the situation really surprised me, her clever mind made me think this was going to be a great book.

And it was. The author was insanely clever. So many twists and clues and none of them made me think the ending was going to end the way it did. I still can't get over it. Mr Wailing definitely had me suspecting everybody for every little thing.

I also loved how the author had set out this kindle book; the reader being able to see the dates online profiles before we were introduced. I was crazy enough to stare at each profile for minutes trying to decipher any clues...None that I can see.


There was only one little downside to this book, and that was the ending. I'm sorry I like my endings....ended. Unless there's going to be a sequel. I was left frustrated at the ending of this book, mainly because of the last question. Thinking about it now just makes me want to bang my head against the keyboard.

4.5 / 5

Image via Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment