Sunday 28 October 2012

Love Unscripted by Tina Reber

Title - Love Unscripted
Author - Tina Reber
Genre - Contemporary Romance
Publisher - Simon & Schuster - Atria Books
Source - NetGalley
Synopsis -  A-List Movie Star

Ryan Christensen just wanted to be an actor. Never in his wildest dreams did he ever imagine that fans would chase him, paparazzi would hound him, and Hollywood studios would all want a piece of him. While filming on location in Seaport, Rhode Island Ryan ducks into a pub for just a quick escape from screaming fans—but fate has other plans.

Meets Small Town Girl

At six foot two, with dirty blond hair, blue eyes, and an incredible body, Ryan has every girl in Seaport swooning—every girl but Taryn Mitchell. Nursing a recent heartbreak, this small town pub owner believes men are best kept at a distance. But when Ryan unexpectedly bursts into her pub, she can’t help but be drawn in by his humour, charm and intense magnetism.

But Gossip Sells and They’re Paying the Price

Despite her better judgement, Taryn soon finds herself swept up in a whirlwind romance with Ryan. But is their bond strong enough to survive the tabloid lies, intrusive paparazzi, and stalking fans who threaten to tear them apart? 

So who hasn't thought of this storyline? A nobody ending up with a famous celebrity... Everybody.

So why did I request it on NetGalley? I think at the time I just wanted an easy read, nothing that kept me up at night, crying why author why and I think I needed a break from the supernatural. I needed something that didn't have magic, shape shifters or earth ending scenarios. And this book definitely delivered on that. No plot twists or sudden deaths. Yay.

What did I like about this book? The writing. It flowed incredibly well, the description not to...descriptive to the point that I was bored to death. It was easy picking up the book from the last chapter and not having that period when you're trying to remember what happened. One thing I really liked about this book, it wasn't a case of; I've seen you, I declare I love you. I think it had an ok timing of declaration of love. I hate books, (none magic related because werewolves can instantly sniff out there soulmate), where people are shouting out 'I love you' after hello.

I think this book would have made a perfect romantic movie. Only with a better ending maybe.

Which brings to nicely to this point. The ending. I think near the ending I started to get tired with the repetitiveness of the 'trust' issues. Bang there heads together.

I've read a few reviews about this book. I wouldn't call these character soul mates. They spent such a large amount of time wondering if they'd be able to make it, and then another chunk saying they trusted each other but then questioning the situations...it just put me off at times. But that's humans for you. Untrustworthy bunch.

If you love romantic books then I think  you'd probably give this full marks, or close to full marks.

But then I'm not into my romantic books. I much prefer a little kick-ass and earth ending. I'm going to give it a...

3.75 / 5

Image via Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment