Friday 3 August 2012

Starcrossed By Josephine Angelini

Author - Josephine Angelini
Title - Starcrossed
Format - ebook, hardback, and paperback
Source - Purchased, my own.

Synopsis - When shy, awkward Helen Hamilton sees Lucas Delos for the first time she thinks two things: the first, that he is the most ridiculously beautiful boy she has seen in her life; the second, that she wants to kill him with her bare hands. With an ancient curse making them loathe one another, Lucas and Helen have to keep their distance. But sometimes love is stronger than hate, and not even the gods themselves can prevent what will happen . . .

I read this book around a year ago. I bought it as part of a 3 for 2 offer at WHSmith. Honestly I don't like the cover. At all. It doesn't take a genius to see why. The faces. I think I like the German cover the best. The US one is ok.

The blurb made me get it. I love the Greek Gods, admitedly only Hades and Persephone but I really wanted to read it and after a lot of shuffling my arm back and forth from the shelf, I got it.

I read this book first out of the three because I thought I'd get this one out the way, so I'd be able to enjoy the others. I ended up loving this book so much it took me months to read the other one. I still have one left, lol.

This is the first book in the Starcrossed Trilogy.

The plot in this book is so great. It flows really really well. The main character Helen I think is the perfect teenager. She came off as the perfect heroine. Not up herself, clever, loves her family. She has a great relationship with her dad and bestfriend, which just made me like her all the more. There were times when I completely felt for her. Mostly when she found out the meaning behind her name and the reasons for her cramps.

I wouldn't call this an action packed book, but it is really hard to put down once you've started. The author is really clever in the way she strings the reader along. She gives a little bit of information, which answers one question but then makes you a question a hundred other things.

Lucas and his family seem great. Not perfect, but family-ish. Lucas himself, somtimes I just wanted to hit, but I think that's something that a reader is supposed to feel. Guys... *sigh* And Helen's mother. What a mystery! I'm still not sure whether I trust her or not. I want to, because she's Helen's mum, but she ain't doing anything to make me like her.

The second book in this trilogy has already been released and I do have it on my shelf. I just have to actually have enough time to read it in peice. Cannot wait to meet the new character Orion.

I'd definately recommend this book to any young reader with even a little interest in greek gods or soulmates.

5/5

Image found via tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment